You must be logged in to access member pricing
The Australian Computing Academy (ACA) is a Commonwealth funded project developing resources that will be freely available to students and teachers across Australia to learn about programming and related concepts in Digital Technologies.
- Primary and secondary teachers looking to improve their understanding of the Digital Technologies curriculum
- Teachers and technology leaders seeking resources to support the implementation of the curriculum
- Case studies showcasing existing practice, and school-wide scope & sequence, incorporating ACA resources
- Hands on experiences with free, classroom-ready resources that target the Digital Technologies curriculum
- Introduction to various programming tools available, including visual and text-based programming, and object-oriented approaches.
- Deep dive into Blockly and Python programming, covering coding aspects of years 5-6 and 7-8 curriculum, focusing on defining and decomposing real-world problems, designing algorithms and implementing programs.
This workshop is free to attend. Food will be provided.
Bring yourself and a laptop. We'll organise the rest, including lunch and snacks both days, as well as lots of classroom ready resources to take away.
The Australian Computing Academy is an initiative of, and funded by, the Australian Government Department of Education and Training.
© ICTENSW 2020
ICTENSW is a non-profit professional association supporting teachers in New South Wales.ICTENSW Suite 1A Level 2 802 Pacific Highway